I’m Tejas Nair. This is my personal website where I write about culture and society.
Start with my recent articles below, explore the archive, or just subscribe to my blog.
- Watching a Gothic Horror Film in a 2,500-Seater Open-Air AuditoriumRecollecting the time I watched a horror film in an open-air auditorium with thousands of people in Trivandrum, Kerala.
- BlaBla Between Mumbai and PuneUsing BlaBlaCar and meeting random people who now crowd my Google Pay history section.
- Attending a Residential Society MeetingThe memory of the time I attended a meeting on redevelopment in my residential society.
- Losing Books, and Friends With ThemHow I reduced the number of books in my personal library or how to lose friends.
- Half a Morning at an India Post BranchObserving a few things at an India Post office in Navi Mumbai while I attempt to order a cheque book.
- Travel Notes from Munnar, Guruvayur, and WayanadA collection of observational notes about my trips to Munnar, Guruvayur, and Wayanad in the Indian state of Kerala.
- The Case Against Queueing Outside RestaurantsA short piece on why I’m not a fan of queueing up outside restaurants and why restaurateurs hate me.
- A Dog Bit MeA short recollection of the time a dog bit me and ran away like it was me who did the biting.