The lockdown has almost upended my life and now it is just a stream of unhealthy lifestyle choices including this new habit of writing at three in the morning. One of the major discussions that I participate in these days that is not work is about what food to cook and eat for the next meal.
I have been working from home for four months now, making a lot of time to read and write, and overall enjoying this stay-at-home model. But what is interesting to me is that I have some newfound activities that are not substantial enough to be called hobbies but just enough occupying to be regarded as work killers. They are keeping me sane.
- I have started playing scrabble. And it has grown on me so much that I spend at least an hour hunched over my smartphone every day forming words out of random letters to beat my international opponents. I don’t know what beef TechRadar hasdespite giving a 4-star rating (out of 5) with Wordfeud but so far I have found it to be the best scrabble game for Android. (I’m at ‘Tejas Nair’ if you want to play a game.)
- I have started making memes. I didn’t know I had it in me to be this funny (trust me) but I have been making a lot of memes using an Android application called Meme Generator (by ZomboDroid) and have been tickling the bones of my colleagues and friends. Sure, my memes may never feature on Know Your Meme but one of them at least got me a Brave Grande! award on Reddit. (See below.)
- I have started to take my side project (Book Title Drops) seriously. I also started an Instagram account where I post regularly (once a week).
- I have started recording my book readings and after-thoughts to help me retain more of what I read. This is going great so far but requires a bit more motivation than I originally imagined.
- I have been shutting off from work on time. This was not possible during the pre-coronavirus days.
Overall, like I said, I am having the time of my life. Even more so enjoying the monsoon the way I have always wanted to: at home without having to worry about opening and closing my umbrella and get wet while commuting to work. TN.
Every ad is about the #coronavirus these days:— Tejas Nair (@tejasnair_) July 14, 2020
Hand sanitiser? Fights corona
Shampoo? Fights corona
Tata Tea? Fights corona
Mattress? Fights corona
Manorama weekly magazine? Fights corona
Horlicks? Fights corona
Yet numbers seem to be only rising.
footnotes [ + ]
|1.||↥||despite giving a 4-star rating (out of 5)|